Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not Your Grandpa's Cardigan





If you've read any of my earlier posts you would know that I love cardigans. My adoration verges on the point of obsession...seriously. The fact that this wardrobe staple has found its way to the fashion forefront never ceases to amaze me. What was once comfy is now...fashionable?... I'm literally fighting back the urge to call cardigans "chic." Somehow the use of this cliché sartorial descriptor seems rather inappropriate. Not that "fashionable" is any better I guess...








Can you tell I'm excited about the Sex and the City movie? More so for the clothing (I hear the plot is rather...meh). But enough of my silly pop culture indulgences.

Above: Sarah Jessica Parker, in character, pulls off a super long boyfriend/grandpa cardigan. Thigh high socks and patent oxfords (!!!) keep her from looking too dressed down.

To the right: layers. I love this Alexander Wang buffalo plaid cardigan. Stragely enough, the layering dosn't compete with the bulk of the cardigan.


Photos: InStyle, Fabsugar

1 comment:

J.M. Powell said...

i seriously love sjp...i cannot wait until the end of may for the movie