Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Bomber Jacket

I'll start by saying that the bomber jacket and I haven't been on the best of terms. All those neon-colored, polyester, 80s, retro, etc...versions that surfaced not too long ago made me want to throw up a little in my mouth to be honest. I will admit, though, that seeing the leather version on Kate Moss (below)has changed my feelings about the bomber...somewhat. The key, it seems, it is keep it natural(material wise) and neutral.


Black bomber jacket as seen on Kate Moss. Is is me, or does this angle make it look more motorcycle and less bomber?



I adore the unconventional tailoring on these:

Urban Outfitters wool bomber. My favorite so far.



Subtle plaid bomber. Topshop always seems to get it right.



Photos: ASOS, Urban Outfitters, Topshop

No comments: