Friday, March 28, 2008

Dressed Down

I am rather intrigued by the strapless dress over plain tee trend. When you think about it, it's the ultimate form of dressing down (misguided, insignificant pun intended). It's a juxtaposition of fashion extremes.The ultimate symbol of comfort, the T-shirt, under the most elegant garment that fashion has to offer, the dress. A fan of combinining seemingly contradictory elements of any sort, I've decided that I must try this. I adore Camille Belle's interpretation.



I also like this take on the trend. It's definately more daytime appropriate.



I'd probably opt fot a high waisted skirt/tee combo when experimenting with this look. Something sort of similar to the look in this American Apparel photo.




Photos: camilla-belle.net, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel

No comments: